The Ultimate Planet Awards
recognising the passion behind the scene
Members of the public can nominate any cis and trans LBQ woman. The shortlist is determined (so not all nominees made the shortlist) by a panel of judges. The public vote on the winner from the shortlist. We ask all shortlisted nominees to complete a brief form so that we can write articles on our shortlisted candidates and ensure that the information we use is accurate and correct. The winner is announced at an awards ceremony and after party.
Below you will find guidance on who can participate in the Ultimate Planet Awards.
Who is eligible to nominate?
Nominations are accepted from anyone who is linked to lesbian, bi and trans women. Nominators must be at least 16 years of age.
What kind of business/individuals/groups ("nominee") are eligible?
Businesses, individuals and groups can be put forward for nomination if they are lesbian, bi or trans female and are involved in the LGBT community. All businesses, individuals and groups nominated must be within the community.
Who is eligible to nominate and vote?
We will accept nominations and votes from lesbian, bi and trans women. We will also accept nominations and votes from anyone who interacts or is involved with lesbian, bi and trans women or the lesbian, bi and trans scene (allies). Nominations can come from anywhere in the world as we appreciate the world is very small these days due to social media!
By completing a nomination or vote, you are agreeing to be put onto our Awards mailing list. We will only use this to contact you about the Awards. You can manage your subscription at any time and unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.
- Nominations will open on Thursday 1 October 2015 and run through until 11.59pm (GMT) on Friday 16 November 2015.
- Nominations submitted after 11.59pm on 16 November 2015 will not be considered.
- You cannot nominate yourself or your own business. Nominations and votes must come from third parties.
- You can leave categories blank if you do not wish to nominate in them.
- You can nominate more than one person or business in a category. Just fill out the form again.
- Only one nomination is accepted per category submission, If you submit more than one nomination in a category on the same form, only the first one will be accepted.
- For the first time in 2015 we have an independent panel who will score the nominations.
- Scoring is determined by the quality of the nomination reasons, the number of independent nominations and where the nomination has come from. Different qualifying criteria contains different weightings.
- Voting will begin on Tuesday 1 December 2015 and run through until 11.59pm (GMT) on 31 January 2016.
- Votes submitted after 11.59pm on 31 January 2016 will not count towards the voting.
- Each person is allowed to vote once only. First name and email address will be cross checked with IP address to ensure that this rule is adhered to. If you have an account, you will be able to amend your vote up until the closing date. If you don't have an account you will only be able to submit your vote once so think carefully.
- You may leave categories blank if you do not wish to vote in them.
The same nominee can be nominated in more than one category (if relevant) and win multiple awards.
If the category you seek is not listed, you are welcome to suggest a new category by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Your suggestion will be considered for future inclusion.
Ultimate Planet reserves the right to re-categorise or reject entries that clearly have no association with the category under which the entry was submitted.
Ultimate Planet reserves the right to add or eliminate categories at any time.
All decisions by our judges are final in the nomination process; they cannot be appealed.
Shortlisted nominees will receive a shortlisting notification from Ultimate Planet within 48 hours of the date we end the nomination period and judging.
Winning an Award
Award winners will automatically receive the Ultimate Planet Award button image, which can be placed on the winning website and links to a unique awards page on the Ultimate Planet website.
The award winners will be announced at an Awards Ceremony.
Any kind of nominating or voting that is against the ethos of our awards, is not beneficial or supportive to our community, or where fake people or email farming is used will result in instant disqualification.
Q. WHEN DID THE ULTIMATE AWARDS LAUNCH?
The awards launched in 2013 with an extremely successful 3 month process. Over 5,000 LBQ women cast of 15,000 votes.
Q. HOW DO I NOMINATE SOMEONE OR SOMETHING?
When nominations are open (9am on 1 October 2015), select 'nominate for an Ultimate Planet Award' to access the nomination form. Nominations will require both the name of the nominee and the reason for the nomination. Nominations close at the end of 16 November 2015.
Q. WHEN WILL THE VOTING OPEN?
The voting will open on 9am on Tuesday 1 December 2015 and close at 11:59pm on 31 January 2016. We will email around the voting form, and it will also be available on this website through a new sub-menu which will appear on Tuesday 1 December 2015.
Q. WHEN WILL THE WINNERS BE ANNOUNCED?
The winners will be announced in March 2016.
Q. WHAT IF I THINK THERE IS A CATEGORY MISSING?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestion and we will consider it for next year
Q. WHY ARE YOU RUNNING THESE AWARDS?
We have created the Ultimate Planet Awards to recognise, thank and promote the hard work from dedicated grass roots event organisers and community businesses who are committed to improving the lesbian, bi and queer scene for all.
Q. CAN I NOMINATE SOMEONE OR SOMETHING OUTSIDE OF LONDON
From 2014 the awards are extended to running worldwide, with some categories having specific London and Brighton sub-categories. All nominations have to be accessible to LBQ women.